plain text accounting
hledger is free cross-platform accounting software, for folks new to accounting and also for power users. It's good for tracking money, time, investments, cryptocurrencies, inventory and more, with high accuracy, flexibility and privacy. It is one of the best implementations of Plain Text Accounting.
I'm Simon Michael, hledger project leader and plaintextaccounting.org maintainer. Welcome!
The sidebar lists everything else on this site. If you're not seeing it, click/tap the horizontal-lines icon at top left.
You can also click the magnifying glass icon to search this site.
< previous page,
> next page.)
The plaintextaccounting.org site has a more general introduction to Plain Text Accounting, and links to other resources, including hledger-related blog posts.
hledger is brought to you by Simon Michael and 140+ contributors. I have been building and relying on this project continuously since 2007, funded mostly by unrelated consulting work. I hope you too will find it useful in transforming your relationship with time and money. When you have achieved some success, please consider joining the sponsors to support the project. Thanks!
Next, you could:
- Scan through the docs listed in the sidebar to your left. If it's not visible, click the menu button at top left.
- Check the FAQ.
- Do a tutorial: Quick Start, Accounting concepts, or Easy workflow #1, #2, or #3.
- Become an expert: read or skim the hledger user manual.
- Or just the COMMON TASKS.
- Check out the hledger-ui and hledger-web manuals.
- Browse the blog posts on plaintextaccounting.org.
- Watch videos, such as hledger fan's beginner lessons.
- Look at lots of example files.
- Ask questions/introduce yourself in #hledger chat via matrix or IRC; browse the mail list; explore the other Support/Discussion options.