Short url for this page: hledger.org/regressions
A regression is "something that used to work, that broke", or "an unintended not-good change" in a released version of hledger.
We don't like regressions. We want to detect them quickly, repair them quickly, and reduce their frequency.
You can help! We offer a standard bounty ($100 USD) for each new regression reported in hledger releases. (original discussion). To claim the bounty:
- Discover a new regression yourself (and don't be the one who caused it, generally)
- Report it in the hledger bug tracker
- Wait for the issue manager (SM) to apply the REGRESSION label
- Submit an expense to our Open Collective. (Note: this might reveal your real name, on opencollective.com and here on hledger.org):
- Submit Expense (if you are logged in, it will be under the ACTIONS menu)
- choose Invoice
- choose a Payout method; Next
- Expense title: Regression bounty for #NNNN
- Description: "QA", and the WORK DATE or WORK PERIOD
- Date: today's date
- Amount: USD 100 (or if you choose another currency, convert with that day's conversion rate and mention the rate in Description)
- Next; Submit Expense
- Announce on the issue page or in chat that you've submitted (to help ensure it is not overlooked)
- Wait for the finance manager (SM) to approve it. This should not take more than a day or two.
- Then wait for Open Collective to pay it. Payouts happen twice a week.
All regression issues: bugs.hledger.org/regressions