Ideas about where the hledger project should be going next. Being listed here suggests a bit of commitment, perhaps even a schedule.
hledger 1.19, 2020-09-01
account transactions register, stricter/more correct handling of unbalanced multicommodity transactions (#1177), Track & show deposited lots (#1022), Report unrealized capital gains/losses (#1029)
hledger 1.18, 2020-06-01
more effective CI setup, updated home page, quickstart, tutorials etc., negative matching in CSV rules,
hledger 1.17, 2020-03-01
field matching in CSV rules, reduce install hassles with terminfo C lib (?), more import/export options, simple console charts, refreshed home page, faq, tutorials, manuals,
hledger 1.16, 2019-12-01
ghc 8.8 support, more powerful CSV conversion, updated home page, faq, manuals, reduce install hassles with terminfo C lib
Improve the docs.
- home & faq
- manuals (more discoverable structure of web manuals)
- cookbook docs (survey, plan, update)
- contrib guide (update, build from readmes)
Improve getting-started experience, just-works quality, practicality, real-world usefulness.
- ghc 8.8, get back in stackage nightly
- install issues (C libs..)
- more powerful CSV conversion
- fill out holes in feature matrix
Improve suitability for investment tracking (#1015)
- market price inference from transactions
- easy market price fetching
- lot tracking
- capital gains reporting
Add charts and more visual appeal.
- console charts, basic bar charts
- clarify architecture/UI for charts
- graphical charts using Chart/matplotlib/hvega
- review/design/add more attractive/colourful output (see eg taskwarrior)
More support for enforcing correctness & accounting rules.
- account names
- commodity symbols
- notes/descriptions ?
- account lifetimes ?
- account balance conditions ?
- transaction templates ?